Truth be told, I feel like my body is on self-cleaning mode. I am in complete detox and it's not pretty. I am thankful for my antianxiety meds, otherwise, I would have been a disaster yesterday...my body is letting me know that it's not used to this kind of treatment (um, it's called self-honoring body!). The physical manifestations of not drinking after binge drinking for just over 2 months is something I will ingrain in my memory so I don't have to do THIS again.
I had cramps so bad yesterday and yet I still managed to make it through the day sober. I also found out that my speeding ticket that I got in WA State in January (that I paid in Feb) - didn't get reported back to TX, so I've been driving with a suspended license since April 4th! Needless to say, the ladies at State Farm weren't too thrilled about giving me new insurance here until I got that resolved.
So I spent about 6 hours on the phone between WA State DOL, Lewis County Court and Tx DPS - I should have this whole thing resolved by next week.
I can only imagine what would have happened had I been pulled over after a glass or two of wine and a suspended license....dodged that bullet.
Day 4 - sober and crampy
Connected, OPen, Surrendered,
S. Michael Edwards
No comments:
Post a Comment