Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 2 - Self Medication & Insanity

I was explaining to Janet that I have taken my own medication therapy into my own hands.  I have been on antianxiety drugs for many many years, as well as antidepressants.  At the end of April, when the settlement with Jeff was finalized I slowly stopped taking both, and started taking up binge drinking instead (it was easier to blend in).  So here I am self-treating...and look where I am today.  I started back up on my antianxiety meds on Monday and ramped up to 50% yesterday will hit 75% today.  I will also start taking my antidepressants today as well.

Yesterday was a good day in the beginning when I was "doing" stuff - and then when it was time to be alone and with myself, it sucked.  I "got" to be with me, and that's been a first since realizing I was single and no longer under the same roof as Jeff...I was not a fan of the emotions I was feeling and I didn't know what to do with myself. Not that I don't have things to do around here (like finish unpacking), but I didn't feel like doing anything but watch tv, cuz I certainly didn't want to unpack, meditate, pray, or DO THE MIRROR EXERCISE (yet)!  Turned to the TV to numb and not think. (hmmmm, I should work at a flea market - I can trade anything for anything!).

Today will be a great day and I choose JOY and Sobriety and productivity and that damn Mirror Exercise (puke).

Love ya all - and thanks so much for the calls and texts and emails of support - that means a lot to me!

connected, open, surrendered

S. Michael Edwards

2 comments:

  1. Michael you have really taken on the concept of "open" and it is changing your life every moment of the day whether you acknowledge it or not - you are shifting to the place in life that you have always desired to be.

    I love you and its an honor to take part in your journey.

    Confident, Magnetic, Ingenious and Serene Celeste!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was honored to talk with you yesterday and know that support is here and if you think you might be bothering me, don't!!! Reaching out is a sign of strength, let me and us support you. Love you and I can see you have already slain this dragon!!!! of addiction.
    Gentle, precious, prosperous and dreamy BEn

    ReplyDelete